There is a white spot in some of my bold images. How do I fix this?
- Add a screen value to your image before laser etching bold logos. Cobalt 1000 settings should be .065 hatch, and 8 loops. Cobalt 250/350 should have a larger halftone applied to the image before printing to the laser.
What’s the life of laser plates?
- The life of laser plates is similar to that of polymer plates and ranges from 10,000 to 75,000 impressions.
Are laser plates better than polymer plates?
- With laser plates, the image is transferred onto the plate directly from a digital file, without film positives. The image is first generation and has better resolution than that on polymer plates.
- Laser etching is more precise than chemical etching so you have improved control over etch depth.
- Laser etching plates does not involve chemicals.
How long does it take to make a laser plate?
- Normally making one image on a laser plate takes 2 – 4 minutes (compare to polymer plates: 25 – 40 minutes).
Can I use my existing laser with Inkcups laser plates?
- More than likely. But we recommend you speak to us first to make sure your laser suits this purpose. We will be happy to help you adjust your laser’s settings.